Hello from the Electric Travels Team!
Want to turn back time and give your electric scooter a new lease of life? Then you've come to the right place. Scrub up on your knowledge with our video below, and learn how you too can effectively and safely clean your electric scooter.
General things to take note of:
- It is important to establish where the battery is situated on your scooter, to avoid getting these electrical components wet.
- We recommend cleaning your electric scooter at least once a month, as muddy water can slowly damage the scooter over time. For our frequent riders you can clean your scooter weekly, but this method doesn’t need to be as invasive.
- The manual that the electric scooter comes with should indicate the most appropriate conditions for your scooter to be ridden in and provides users with an IP rating; indicating how water resistant your scooter is.
- Avoid using jet washes and garden hoses with spray nozzles. This can damage the integrity and electrical components of the scooter. Regardless of if you scooter has a high IP rating, it still might not protect against the high pressure of a jet wash. Your scooter needs a IP rating of 54 to be useable in light rainy conditions. This rating matters, as it shows how vulnerable each scooter is to rain.
- Frequent cleaning will prolong the lifespan of your electric scooter.
Why buy from ET?
All our electric scooters are UK stocked and come with full manufacturer warranties – no cheap and nasty knockoffs! But don’t take our word for it: Trust Pilot attests to our happy customers.
We’ve partnered with DPD to bring you rapid, reliable delivery. Orders placed before 2pm are eligible for free next day delivery. Or, simply pick a time and place that suits you. Tracking info is provided the moment your scooter leaves our warehouse.
We accept all major credit cards and Paypal. With Klarna, you can even shop now and pay later – with the option to pay in 30 days or over 3 easy instalments. Less hassle, more scooting!
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. Don't forget to connect with us on socials and join the Electric Travels community!